View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
If they can't come back then refund the money. It's not like they need it. Sure their fans need it more.
That would be the sensible thing to do. Just refund it, minus the surcharge, of course. I know they played 90 minutes of a show, but as a gesture of goodwill to the people of Lincoln and thereabouts, and as a symbol of the band's goodwill to all of their audiences, they should just say Lincoln was a wash and return the money.

They'd get A LOT of cred that way.

With regards to "they should have gone on and played this" or "they should have played that" I think the band reacted pretty well in that crisis. It doesn't surprise me that they only did two more songs. They were all probably freaked out.

Interesting tidbit: during the Tusk Tour in Rochester, NY, John McVie was suffering from food poisoning and had to make frequent detours from the stage. Throughout the night, a bass tech filled in for him. I mention this not as a way to say this is what the Mac should have done in Lincoln but as a reminder of how important Mick's presence is to the rest of the band. Without him at the helm, the ship sinks, or never sets sail. (Bad metaphors, I know.)

I'm relieved to hear he is on the mend.