View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJT View Post
I have been to five Fleetwood Mac concerts and five Stevie Nicks concerts since the late 80's, and last night was the best performance of them all. We all agreed you could feel the love in the room. Stevie is performing her legacy work, and I can't imagine how she won't rest after this tour, then join in and finish the last Fleetwood Mac album. She is in the best form I have ever seen her in. When she told the story of Buckingham Nicks and, specifically, 'Crying in the Night' (which they performed beautifully, 43 years after they first sang it together), I held up my 1973 print of the Buckingham Nicks album (yes, I brought it...), and Stevie pointed me out of the crowd (we were 6th row center), and said, "In fact, there it is!" ...and, yes, in that moment of connection, I was starstruck. Completely. Stevie had spoken throughout the show that they were on a time schedule so she could sing and also talk about the music (it was like Storytellers), but she was not rushed. She was strong and confident and grateful from beginning to end. They played 'Enchanted', which I wasn't expecting / we loved 'Gold and Braid' to open / the story of 'New Orleans' was magnificent, and now I see why it's in the set / added 'Landslide' to close, and, yes, we all sang with her / and 'Moonlight' was reworked masterfully. The Pretenders were absolutely brilliant, and kicked ass for a tight 16 song set, and then had excellent chemistry with Stevie singing 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around.' No 'Silent Night', STEVEHEDRICK, though that would have been awesome. All the players and the staff at Madison Square Garden were outstanding as always. If you don't have the newly released remasters of 'Bella Donna' and 'The Wild Heart' as well as the new Pretenders album, "Alone', get them immediately. We called on Stevie for magic last night, and she delivered; telling her stories and encouraging us with words of wisdom. Stevie thanked us throughout for listening to her songs and letting her sing to us to bring us in, however we interpret that. She told us, "...you just can't tragedy out, you have to have hope," and, "Don't take in all the negativity out there, just listen to the music!" Thank you, Stevie. We're listening.
ZOMG how cool! I had wondered if it was a Ledgie!