View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Listening to the few shows that I have, I notice that a portion of the set was solo/Traffic/Delaney and Bonnie material as well as -gulp!-'Imagine' and 'All Along the Watchtower'(so sad!) which left room for a reduced number of Fleetwood Mac songs. It was such a huge reduction in scale for the band and many fans felt little or no connection with the 'Rumours' -or even preRumours- line up. Nonetheless, I admire Mick and John for carrying on as it must have been difficult for them.
Two things always puzzled me about this tour: why it nver came to the U.K.(I suspect thet no promoter would book this line-up) and, secondly, why TIME was released(and not promoted) AFTER the tours?

Hope some can share their memories/thoughts.

"Never break the chain"
Well, you had an ex-member of Traffic in the band (who also was a songwriter of some renoun in his own right), so of COURSE they're going to play his songs...also, who had a hit with his cover of Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower", so of course that's going to be in the set. And, of course there was no connection with Rumours since NONE of the Rumours songwriters were still in the band; just as the Rumours crew really had no connection with the Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac, either. But, they still played SOME material from those days.

The album was released AFTER the tour mainly because the album they THOUGHT they were touring behind was rejected by Warner Bros...so they had to rework the album during breaks in the tour (mainly adding Christine's songs)