View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. What is your favorite Christine song from Chicken Shack?
I'm On My Way

2. What is your least favorite Christine look on tour (i.e., which tour)?
I didn't like her puffy hair or Queen Nefertiti makeup on the 1984 solo tour.

3. Did you like Christine in Stevie's clothes & boots on the Tusk Tour or would you have preferred she wore casual jeans & West Midlands cowgirl boots?
Yes I did. She was majestic in her swooping white cape, especially when she came front & center to play "Tusk" & "World Turning" & her white cape swooshed out & about, making a nice complement to Stevie's whooshing & swooshing about. The total effect awed people. They knew they were seeing a major rock band.

4. What is your favorite piano lick by Christine?
Her rollicking rock-solid chunk-out on "Sugar Daddy"--virtually impossible to replicate (in part because it's two pianos).

5. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any Fleetwood Mac song?
The live "Dragonfly" video with Bob Welch, but I also love her backups on "Sands of Time"

6. What is your favorite Christine harmony on any nonFleetwood Mac song?
I don't like any of the non-FM harmonies. They're stilted & frenetic, like Prussians at play.

7. What is the funniest thing Christine has ever said in an interview?
Her put-on exchange with John with Jim Ladd in 1976 when they pretend to fight over his drinking.

8. What is the funniest thing Chris has ever said onstage?
"This one is a song from the Rumours album called 'Chain' ... 'The Chain' ... 'The ... Chain." -- Oklahoma City 5.18.77

9. If you were going to have an argument with Christine, what would you want to argue about?
I'd argue with her about her bad memory & her dismissal of the precepts of the cross-fertilized bastard art of serendipity.

10. If John agreed to pass on a word from you to Chris, what would you tell him?
I'd tell him to tell her to answer her Questions!

moviekinks.blogspot.com