View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kudos to the www.nicksfix.com

from

Details
August 1994
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stevie Nicks
Would you stay if she promised you heaven
by Lance Loud

Details: Really? What about you and Prince?

Stevie Nicks: Let me state this here and now: We did not have a sexual relationship--I did not let that happen.

Details: How did you meet?

Stevie Nicks: When we were recording "Stand Back" I decided to be really blatant and call Prince up and tell him that I had been inspired to write the song while listening to "Little Red Corvette." I told him that I figured my song was half his. He came over to the studio where I was recording and listened to it--as I turned extremely white and started to shake. Then he walked over to the piano and put on a really incredible keyboard track. And not only did Prince make it up right on the spot, he played it with only two fingers. Then he left.

Details: Did you see him again?

Stevie Nicks: Yes, when I was on the road a year or so later. I was sick, and Prince brought some cough syrup up to my hotel room. He was sweet--he walked around the room folding things, fluffing pillows, tidying up in general. Then he gave me a spoon of it himself. But when I asked for another spoonful he changed--he said, "I didn't come all the way up here just to get you hooked on another substance!" Then he left.

Details: Do you still see him?

Stevie Nicks: No. I was at the premiere of Purple Rain, and in the scene where he slaps Apollonia I freaked and had to go sit in the bathroom. Afterward I went back to see him, and when he asked why I'd left, I had to tell him, "When you popped Apollonia, it kinda popped my brain." He looked at me like it just killed him. We've never spoken since. (sighs) It’s a shame, really...we were alike in so many ways.

Details: Such as?

Stevie Nicks: Well, for one thing, we both liked wearing black chiffon around the house.

From

Q104.3 Radio in New York - Interview
May 7, 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a transcription of the interview with Stevie on Q104.3 Radio in New York on May 7, 2001 with host Bob Buchmann.

. . .

Bob: It's 7:15 in the morning, and Stevie Nicks, right there, and after that, Jimi Hendrix and Purple Haze. We . . . Stevie Nicks, our very special guest this morning . . . we were just talking in the studio about The Purple One, which the Hendrix kind of brought on and . . . you know, Prince still these days in the news.

Stevie: You wanna hear a story about Prince? One time we played New York and he came and picked me up . . . he wanted to take me out to his house. Of course none of my people wanted to just let me go. Nine-thirty in the morning. We get in Prince's purple car. He was in his purple clothes too. Swear to God. I had halfway gotten out of my stage clothes, but I still had the skirt on, and tennis shoes . . . I get in his car, and we're, I kid you not, in Minnesota. We went down the freeway at 150 miles an hour. And I am, like, "We're gonna get pulled over. This is gonna look so bad. We're gonna get pulled over, Prince. We're going 150 miles an hour." So I went out and spent the day at his purple house. We kind of played around with a song for a little while, in his recording studio a little bit, and then he took me back to be at the Fleetwood Mac plane at, like, three o'clock in the afternoon. I made it back on time to take off and go to the next gig. But I swore we were gonna be pulled over. And how are we gonna . . . looking like we look . . . how are we going to get out of this one? What are we gonna say? We were, you know, we were just casually cruising out to your house, you know . . . at 150 miles an hour. Prince, we're gonna go to jail, both of us. He didn't care. He kept going.

save the cheerleader - save the world