View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Re: Over My Head, I’m one of those people who think the album version (not single remix) is the supreme version of that song. It’s so spare and mysterious—and her vocal on it is outstanding, a kind of master class example of how much expressiveness can be achieved with a limited range of notes.

The live version from the 70s tours was more spirited and appropriately amped up for the arena, but then that magical vocal, so subtle and personal, is impossible to reproduce for 10,000 people. So, as well as Christine sings on the LIVE version, and as well as the band kicks the song into higher gear, I still prefer that exquisite studio performance.
I agree but I think the single cuts of all the White Album singles are so much better than the album cuts. And its all because of Lindsey and adding all these guitar licks to Say You Love Me, Rhiannon, and Over My Head. On the original album cut the song almost drifts compared to the single version where so much more guitar was added to give the song more teeth and power IMHO of course. I wish the single versions were on the album. The added guitar parts almost makes the song more up tempo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-lIt1ILzk