View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
That's a good question. I'm not sure. When I said that FM is a corporate entity, I meant the entire band, not just Mick & John. Lindsey could have released his Gift Of Screws solo album years ago on an indie label. But, he didn't; he turned it into a "Fleetwood Mac" album, largely because of money, in my opinion. I think making money is a high priority for all of them(although maybe more so for Mick & John since they have no other means to make money). Maybe that will change 5 years or so down the line when they'll be too old to tour.
I agree that a big part of LB's decision to release his stuff under the name FM was to see it 'recognized' in a way that it would not have been had he put it under just his name... and obviously touring together makes everyone more $ than if they tour separately.

However it would make me a bit sad to think that of after making millions on this last tour-- (didn't S/L make like 35mil each and J/M made 15 mil each? for some reason those #'s are in my head ) that $ is still the main focus? come on, they're all set for life at this point; hopefully they are all mature enough to not piss that kind of $ away....so must the main objective really be to make the most $ possible? sort of sad if that's the case. but I guess maybe that's the business.

-Lis