View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Has anybody every heard Stevie mention what this song is about? Any ideas? I love this song. I thought they did a great job with it on the SYW tour, simply beautiful...
The song is about that first really earth shattering love that every single person has. The one that when it's over, you're never the same again... you don't view the world through the same lenses, etc. The song is about losing innocence because a love affair ends.

As for which of Stevie's many partners this song was about? I have no idea. Keep in mind though that the song is not about Stevie being a literal child when she met this person. It's a metaphor for her being an innocent. It could be about Lindsey, but it seems even more possible it's about somebody like Mick. Because she was thrown under the bus by Mick, yet had to walk away with her head up & remain friends and bandmates with him. That kind of a situation requires instant maturity, in my opinion. The song could just as well be about Stevie's affair with Don Henley, & their alleged aborted child too. If that kind of a situation doesn't make you grow up, I don't know what would.