Thread: Say You Will
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO, I don't think the entire "Burning her bridges" Christine thing was ever meant as harshly or negatively as it may have been received. Yes, the term "burning your bridges" is very often meant negatively however, it's possible that it was used due to how extremely adamant Christine was about her decision. She was asked repeatedly and repeatedly said no, sold her house, packed up, and moved to another continent. Apparently it got to the point where she told mick "don't even ask me"

And it certainly wasn't just Lindsey speaking to the press about the bands sound being more masculine. Stevie, Mick, John...they all talked about that. Stevie is even quoted as talking pretty highly of Lindsey by "working up the show" into a big rock and roll show.

Additionally, at the time I never got the impression these statements were a slight against Christine or intended to be so. The dynamic of the band indeed changed, which is well documented and talked about in interviews from that time.

Personally, I was way more offended by the Sheryl Crow fiasco. To me, that's worse than Christine not being there. Luckily, it appears Lindsey was able to put the kibosh on that, in addition to the apparent attempt to replace John during his cancer scare...but I digress.