View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
There was that boutique in Beverly Hills that dropped names saying Winona Ryder and Stevie Nicks just GUSH over the Black Gardenia perfume oil. I've never GUSHED in my life!

Gardenias are pretty but, there is a saying in our family...if some perfume, cologne, wall freshener...etc....smells bad, ie old lady perfume....its Jungle Gardenia. As a child...I swear it was pee.

Flower oils are intense and can smell urinish. My guys niece is into Bath and Body Gardenia. I am all like, "Ida...less flower power means less...does she wear depends?"

I know what you are talking about as far as the old lady gardenia smell or the bath and body Gardenia (smells like old lady to me also) but there are some really nice Gardenia scents out their. Black Gardenia by Michele Bergman is nice. It smells nothing like Gardenia candles or Body sprays or little lotions you get in your stocking at Christmas. It is very sweet and strong but very lovely. I ordered a sample once from here:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=24400

Of course I've tried Fracas because I read on Corey Buckingham's blog that Stevie used to wear it. Fracas is a blend of several things, the main scent being Tuberose. Bath and Body works has a Velvet Tuberose line that smells quiet nice, and could give you an idea of the Tuberose vs Gardenia smell.

Of course everyone has different smells they prefer, and sometimes what smells nice on you might stink on me...body chemistry matters.Anyways, I'm no perfume expert, but I've been on my own little journey to find a signature scent.

He asked me for my love
And that was all