View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I'd question how voluntary that was. Seems to me most and certainly all I know of did it because it was do that "voluntarily" or have no job. But, there could be rare instances, which was not my point. My point was few people would do it voluntarily when they did not have to.
Obviously people don't do that sort of thing happily, but sometimes you do what you have to do in view of the times. I was just agreeing with jwd that I knew people who had experienced that too. But the fact is, given that people have supported this band for years and made them millionaires it might be nice if the band showed a little gratitude towards their fans by lowering their prices a little, as other big name acts have. It's just my opinion of course and I'm sure their luxurious lifestyle is more important to them than whether or not I attend a concert, it's just that considering Mick Fleetwood acknowledged how times were hard for people and he hoped people would still come see them (in a UK TV interview last year) I thought that maybe it would be reflected a little in their prices. Obviously I'm still going to see them when they come over but where before I would have gone to multiple shows this time I'm just going to one and I know I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think many if not most acts their size are charging similar prices for the last few years, to wit from 5/08 :
In my experience, as someone who goes to gigs at least once a week, Fleetwood Mac are one of the most expensive out there at the moment, while other acts who used to charge more have dropped their prices a little of late. That's just my experience though. Also considering that article is from a year ago, I would be interested to know if that's still the case with those artists. I know Clapton was charging at least £20 less for his recent Royal Albert Hall shows here in London last month. Maybe it's a UK thing.

Last edited by trackaghost; 06-13-2009 at 07:08 PM..