Thread: 140 million
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
WTWCT is a horrible sounding song, it hurts my ears on so many levels.
I think I’m the only one who likes this one.

Quote:
so people who like FM Rumours era sound are selecting and arguing a certain set of songs were the only songs that should have been on the album…

Christine fans cannot even listen to SYW, they miss the smooth FM glue that she is.
Her absence is noticeable, however, in the era of playlists, the people who like the Rumours era songs and Christine fans can abridge the album to the point where it becomes very listenable. Lindsey and Stevie picked up some slack by having poppier contributions, namely WTWCT and SYW, that give it some continuity in addition to what we’d normally expect from them.

Quote:
but besides severely disliking WTWCT and Say Goodbye
Wow. And Trouble.

Quote:
the whole coherent GOS would have had a different audience all together, especially if it was pushed out in 1998. if Lindsey had the business acumen to push it through right after the Dance, instead of sitting on it, listening to what WB bras were telling him, and waiting for Stevie to come back to FM from capitalizing on the FM fame rebirths after The Dance reunion. business-wise she was always savvy and smart one, he was always the exact opposite.
It should have been released in 1998 and credited to Buckingham Fleetwood McVie, further capitalizing on the reunion and setting them up with a way to work as a band without Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins