View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Good for you, Sharksfan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
The things you mention above are pretty well accepted as fact (with the exception of Peter Green wanting to give all the band's money to charity). But a number of the details given in the article are clearly bull. Peter Green never "fell into destitution" - he always had plenty of royalty money coming in, and he took menial jobs because he wanted to, not because he needed to. Sure, over the years he gave away plenty of his money to various causes (including to his family) but nothing I've ever read suggests that he ever came close to giving all his money away at any point. And "police surrounded his house" - again, that's complete fabrication from everything I've read about his mid-'70s arrest. I could go on, but you need to do your homework before you claim that "I don't see anything in this article that is exaggerated, or that I would consider a "lie." Everything in the article is, I believe, generally accepted among fans as being true."

And as far as a "curse"...whatever. The author is obviously trying to be sensationalist in this article so he can call it whatever he likes. But you don't have to believe everything you read.
All the details you pointed out as bull, are just that. Also the story of Peter gravedigging is one of the lies that, despite my years of refuting, is still perpetuated; he was merely tending the garden of a church which included the graveyard. But that's too tame a story for the sensation hungry.
I treat such articles like a testimonial in court ... one lie and it's out. I've had too many years of dire experience with the press ... especially the British one, it's worse than the American press. They have long forfeited any right to my respect.