View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Agree 100 percent. Worst tour decision of her career. Ironically she did a few of these shows the same year as maybe her best tour of the 20th century (until this most recent one) the in your dreams tour with 6 (sometimes 7) new songs and interesting,funny and reasonable lengthed stage banter.

Thank god she's corrected this monstracity with maybe one the greatest double bills of all time with the pretenders. And I'm saying that as someone who had no interest in the pretenders whatsoever beforehand. I still don't find their radio songs that good at all, but boy did they put on a great performance. And their quick punch style of playing songs is th perfect compliment to Stevie's long winded story fest (albeit with an equally great performance in between stories)
Stevie just came off the most successful world solo tour of her career. She did not need to be an opening act. Stevie has more talent in her big toe than Rod has in his entire body. The arrogance of Rod going out of his way to let everyone know.......Stevie is the opening act. I don't sing on someone else's stage. They must come to me.
Even in his own words state what an idiot this guy is. Remember the story he told when Stevie was in his house in the 1970's. Stevie had a glass of wine and told her "don't go in there" .....meaning don't go in the living room....you might spill it.