View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

That was something I really loved about Billy Burnette's autobiography- he wrote about little things FM did, like how much they spent on making albums, different parties at Stevie's house and the famous people who were there, and how the band used to jam in the hotel rooms after performing a concert- why do I have a feeling that NEVER happened until Billy and Rick Vito joined?! I would love it if this book had stories like that, but without input from Stevie, I don't see how it could.
are you kidding?? Fleetwood Mac had MEGA parties all through the seventies and were a magnet for the big stars of the era-- the Belushis and the Nicholsons and all the rest along with all the other major rock stars. I have no idea where people get this idea that Fleetwood Mac were little angels who sat together in a circle and never hung out with anyone else. They were all over the party scene, especially Stevie. And Fleetwood Mac recording sessions had famous people all the time hanging out which is part of the reason it took so long to make Tusk for example... nights would turn to parties. Lindsey would finally just leave when he realized nothing would get done. Just because all of that stuff was carefully edited out of the various documentaries doesn't mean it didn't happen. That was all marketing propaganda to entice people to buy the album. They weren't documentaries about the band's life. And they partied on the road a bunch too. One of the main reasons Lindsey left was due to the non stop party going on.

If you meant the jamming after shows.... I think that might have happened earlier but agree that would have stopped.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-12-2017 at 11:56 AM..