View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
secret love, my experience has always been that US-bought DVDs will work fine in Australian DVD players. From memory, there was a ruling here quite a few years ago that region-locked players were a restriction of trade, so the vast majority of our players are region-free. Certainly, both my and my parents' players have always played other-region DVDs with no hassle (no need to enter unlock codes etc.).

So as for the Live in Boston DVD, my copy came from Amazon - Region 1, but works just fine. I can't recall seeing it being sold in any stores here, but if you have a JB Hi-fi around your way, they're usually the best bet in terms of having a good range.
Thanks, our DVD players are quite old though. My uncle bought a DVD from the States and it did not work in his player. I can try the other DVD player Dad and I share but it is also quite old. My brothers' Playstation 3 should play the darn thing at the very least.

Yeah JB Hi-fi has the best range of Fleetwood Mac material (besides iTunes) and that's where I bought the Tango in the Night DVD. Unfortunately they do not have Live in Boston but will consider just buying the Region 1 DVD from Amazon or eBay and trying the PS3 and DVD players we have.

Other option is to rent it from YouTube (yes you can do that - cool right?) and use the Free YouTube Download program available online to save it to PC.