View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Super job of Sleuthing, right here on The Ledge. I'm impressed-
Only thing; if by any chance the 'haunting' angle (not angel) is fabricated, only the author would know-- it could cost Nicksy millions...It's generally hard enough to sell a zillion dollar property (in this case, $9 million inflated to $14 mil) but a rumour of it being haunted could bring the price way, way down...
How do i know?
Well, another diva i once was quite fond of, (no longer so), actually went onto a tv talk show years ago- The Oscar-winner whose name is a four letter word suffered the indignation of the National Enquirer printing an article that her kingdom that SHE put up for sale was haunted. For close to two years, her multi-million dollar palace just would NOT sell and she said the realtor was asked by every potential client and just some nosey types if the house was "really haunted."
The exasperated star, whose primary concern has always been largesse directed at herself, finally did what a girl had to do and took to a national talk show to roll her eyes and say "NO, the house is NOT haunted" when the (dutiful) prompted tv host inquired if it was true she was trying to sell her dream house and that it was haunted. After she did her tv bit, the house sold, finally.
So, thank you for your very fun to read piece, and thank you again in advance, because i think we could very well see Nicksy herself on a national tv show assuring people she's not trying to unload a haunted manse.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-14-2007 at 09:18 PM..