View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Now, now, now. Don't lump all of us into one pile!!

I'm not anti-Time, nor really anti-Dave Walker. I just don't think Time lives up to its potential given the personnel/talent present. (Dave Walker is a topic better left for another time.)

I personally very much like Dreamin' The Dream and would agree with you that it fits into (but not as good as) Songbird and Beautiful Child (one of my all time favourite Stevie songs with or without FM). See there? We agree again!!
I've been listening to Time again today (damn this thread I've listened to Time five times in three days now (as well as working through all of my Heart albums on the way to and from work), and really really starting to like the album (not that I ever disliked it).

I've come to the following conclusions:

1. As mentioned in my previous post, Dreamin' The Dream is one of the most beautiful FM songs since 1975 if not never
2. Christine's songs are really good on here (except for All Over Again ), they aren't the usual saccharine commercial pop crap that Christine produced post '75. (sorry Christine fans).
3. I Wonder Why is probably the best Dave Mason song he had done up until that point (and gave us a hint of the great stuff to come years later on 26 Letters, 12 Notes)
4. ChiliD is absolutely correct about the guitar solo at the end of I Wonder Why. As much as I love Bekka she spoils the end of the song.
5. Billy Burnette is sadly under-represented on this album
6. The best thing about being a Fleetwood Mac fan is the ever evolving, ever changing band, 42 years, 16 members, all contributing to the single most amazing band of all time, a rich tapestry of music.
7. Lets hope the current lineup isn't the last. What new and exciting talent and music can Mr Fleetwood and Mr McVie offer us in the future?