Thread: Atlanta!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

THE video!

I have to say, seeing this show live totally alleviated any doubts I had about how it would come across with the backing tracks and the one-man electric guitar selections. Of course, being on the front row may have helped to change my mind, but since I was going into it with a bit of skepticism, take it for what it's worth. I was not bothered at all by the background tracks, they were not distracting at all and I didn't even think they were that obvious. On the electric versions, it did briefly cross my mind he was up there rocking by himself with no other members and it looked sort of odd, but then again he owns the stage on his solos anyway... I managed to come up with a question for him regarding those songs though if our paths ever cross again - I wonder if he believes those songs wouldn't translate well into acoustic versions?

Anyway, I had a blast at the show and was so thrilled when he gave a little speech about the South and that this area is so special because he and Stevie were not sure about joining Fleetwood Mac since what they were doing had been so well-received here. I shouted "Buckingham Nicks!" at the end of "Stephanie" and I'm not sure he liked that - ha! But, I was just supporting his thoughts in that direction.

#BuckinghamNicks2013

Oh, and at least from my vantage point, Lindsey received a standing ovation after EVERY song!!!

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-29-2012 at 10:55 AM..