View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Anyone watched that documentary 'Holy Hell' about people who had been in a cult? In a poignant moment, a number of the survivors said how they were at a sort of peace with the years they'd dedicated to the cult, because however much they ended up being betrayed and disillusioned by the cult leader, it was worth it for all the good times and fraternity they enjoyed with their fellow cult members.

However much one might get disappointed by the Flawed Five, I think it's worth it--in John B.'s time and today--for the fun and fraternity that can be enjoyed among fellow fans.
Oh yes! Two of my closest friends I met through Fleetwood Mac! One lives relatively near me and we get together for all sorts of non-FM related things. The other I just visited for a vacation that had nothing to do with Fleetwood Mac. Side note: she was planning on going to opening night but is now turned off thanks to the Lindsey firing.

Not to mention all the fun times I've had going to concerts around the country and meeting fellow fans! Not just FM but Stevie and Lindsey solo. While I was a graduate student getting my PhD, I was going on road trips left and right. Too bad being a faculty member slowed me down, lol, but by then prices were a lot higher anyway and I couldn't afford it!

I don't regret loving Fleetwood Mac. I still love the music before the fall, although some of it is so ironic now that it's hard to listen to (hello, "Fireflies"). I hope that will pass, as it used to be one of my favorite songs.

It was also hard to listen to Buckingham McVie's "On with the Show" when it popped up on my playlist yesterday...

Dang, what I really want is just for them to realize their mistake and ask Lindsey back. Can it still happen someday?? I so desperately want it to happen... I want to love this band again... but I never will love any incarnations that are blighted by Lindsey's firing.

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-21-2018 at 12:29 PM..