View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

From Mick's book, Mick said Lindsey said, "I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't hack it and do it all anymore." Then, according to Mick, Christine sharply questioned this comment because because Lindsey had been suggesting in the press that he was the one responsible for translating Christine and Stevie's music to the world. Which is ironic, because Christine herself has actually said that Lindsey did that.

She said, "I don't tell Lindsey, for example, 'I want you to play such-and-such kind of guitar, that lick,' That's why Lindsey has got the additional production credit on the album-he's been largely responsible for helping to bring across on the record the atmosphere that I want to come over on a song that I write."

Michele
I don't think anyone is questioning Lindsey's great contribution to the band and of course he contributed to the sound that FM made. If I were Christine I wouldn't tell him what type of guitar to add to a song which makes it more ironic that he felt he could tell John exactly what notes to play on Tusk.

I just don't think that he "did it all" except maybe on his songs on Tusk where he did literally "do it all" and here is a quote from Christine on that subject "I don't think that some of Lindsey's drumming is the best that could be desired, but he needed to get that off his chest, and he did it" so she may be impressed with his guitar work but not his drumming.

On Tusk he certainly did have the lion's share of the production work but I doubt if the others felt they had any choice in the matter.

Gail