View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
^^ I think I w0uld join your sister in prodding the wall with a broomstick! Of all of Chris's wonderful songs, that's the one song of hers that makes my skin crawl. It's like an acid trip gone wrong...

My absolute favorite is "Ask Anybody." It has to be about Dennis Wilson. "...they say that I should walk out, but that's not what I want... somehow, some way he'll change and we'll try it all over again... without all the pain..." Such sad, hopeful but delusional words. Poor Chris . She manages to capture an elegiac mood that is uplifting in an odd way. The Steve Winwood solo always gets me.

"Morning Rain" is my go-to feelgood song. So simple, but so rocking. "There's no use being dissatisfied... you'll never know until you try."

Sometimes, Edward, I cannot believe we're friends!

"Ask Anybody" doesn't do much for me, but then, I really haven't given Christine McVie much of a shot. I should get around to that one...

I've been listening to Christine Perfect a bunch lately, and I might add "When You Say" to my list. Maybe it's just because it sounds so different from the rest of that album, but I absolutely consider it the standout track. Danny Kirwan did a wonderful job with that one.