View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac Glastonbury SHOCK: Did Mick Fleetwood just tease headlining in 2020?
FLEETWOOD MAC appear to have teased they will headline Glastonbury Festival 2020.

The Express
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...embley-Stadium

By GEORGE SIMPSON

Last weekend Fleetwood Mac played Wembley Stadium in London before drummer Mick Fleetwood gave a big clue to a future concert. The iconic band have never performed at Glastonbury Festival, but now it looks like that’s all about to change. Fans reported that during the concert Mick said Fleetwood Mac still “had a big field to play”. While Twitter accounts said the 71-year-old referenced “a rained out festival in England next year.”

Next year is the festival’s 50th anniversary so it would certainly be a special occasion. Some fans had hoped Fleetwood Mac would headline Glastonbury this summer, but Christine McVie has revealed why that’s not the case. Speaking in March, the 75-year-old admitted: “It isn’t up to me, it’s up to the management. It’s their decision and down to logistics.”

Fleetwood Mac Glastonbury SHOCK: Did Mick Fleetwood just tease headlining in 2020? (Image: GETTY)

The Glasto Thingy
@TheGlastoThingy
Unconfirmed reports coming in that Fleetwood Mac announced they will be playing "a rained out festival in England" next year.#Glastonbury #Glasto #SoundsLikeIt

10:27 PM - Jun 16, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
28 people are talking about this

jade louise
@Jade_spade_
· Jun 16, 2019
@fleetwoodmac did you just self confirm for @GlastoFest 2020???

jade louise
@Jade_spade_
Mick said a big field still to play. . . It has to be glasto

10:26 PM - Jun 16, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See jade louise's other Tweets
But even then the keyboardist said Fleetwood Mac hoped to headline Glastonbury one day.

She continued: “I can’t say yes or no to Glastonbury, but I’d like to – so long as I don’t have to wear wellington boots on stage.

“Or maybe I’d just have to roll with it – wellie boots with mud.”

Having left Fleetwood Mac in 1998 and rejoined in 2014, the band have now seen long-running lead guitarist Lindsey Buckingham quit last year.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood