View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
no that certainly wasn't my intention - sorry if it came across that way. I was talking about the general nastiness lately on the board - it seems to have escalated in the past couple of weeks. I know we are going to fight and disagree on here, as that comes with FM territory, but I was suggesting just trying to leave out the worst of the b*tchiness just for a day.
thanks for clarifying. again i do appreciate it - and any honest discussion. makes the world more interesting! people trying to shut down any discussion and disagreements is what is so puzzling. i guess people are so used to groupthink these days, that they are losing the skills of civil arguing and debate?

back to FM topic: you know what i find really interesting? the divide in the fandom right now seems to be actually less than it used to be in recent years:
  • used to be SN fans vs LB fans vs BN fans vs FM fans and then all different combinations.
  • now it's mostly LB + BN + FM5 + disappointed SN fans all on one side, and then mostly SN-only + pre-and post-BNera FM on the other.

another difference i see is that it seems the 2 groups are much more entrenched in their views than all these fragmented groups of fans seemed to have been. also interesting: all these SN fans who would normally only go to SN solo shows and hate FM ones now all of the sudden being the staunchest defenders of FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"