Thread: Presale Today
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Highest prices offered are 299. Anything above that is resale. (for regular tickets)
If it makes you feel any better, other bands do the meet and greet - Tom Petty did it for years. I think it's cheesy and I go for the music - not for the celebrity.

It's not Mick who decides the ticket prices - it's Live Nation, the venues, the insurance companies, the band management, the management for each musician, the agents, the production staff, and on down the line.
But I think it makes people feel better to be able to target one individual. It's the industry in general - and the cost of living in 2018.
To blame Mick would be the same as blaming Springsteen for charging the crazy prices for his NYC broadway theater run. He's up against the theater unions who won't budge on ticket prices. And it's very similar for Fleetwood Mac -- or any big name act that tours from arena to arena.

I haven't seen any decent tickets below $299. All the reasonably priced tickets are upper sections and nosebleed. (at least for the LA shows). They sold a lot for the Amex presale today.
If the first day of presale is any indication for the rest of the tour, there is huge demand to see Mike Campbell play with Fleetwood Mac.

I can't decide if I want to shell out that kind of money for what is likely the last Fleetwood Mac tour; or settle for crappy seats and feel detached from the show and watch as a quiet observer with mediocre sound...
I'm not sure what you're talking about.... 60% of the tickets offered are FAR above 299.
I'm literally staring at the ticket page screen for one of the Forum shows and the front is well over 1,000. The MIDDLE averages at about 500. Only the most nosebleeds are affordable.
And considering that Mick is the one who does M&G, I do blame him.