View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
because she is. And yes, I count myself as a Stevie fan, but that's because I'm a fan of ALL of them and buy records and concert tickets to see any and all of them in all their combinations.

In the recent LA Times article Lindsey makes a joke about "all 12 of them" in reference to his audience. I thought it was cool that Chris asked him if he gets people at his solo shows calling out for FM songs and he said no that his audience "all 12 of them" ha, ha... "get what I'm doing and why". "The right ears" [as he always put it] hearing his music was what mattered. I've loved Stevie and her work forever but she would never take that position. It just is what it is.
Exactly! Her fans follow her leadership and her words to the letter.

What she has right now is what she always wanted. From the very beginning. And that's ok. It's her life and she can do whatever she wants with it.

Nothing describes it better than Lindsey's words: "Tell me why everything turned around".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.