View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Poker,
you are correct.Yes, I was asking about STUDIO Oh well, but this recording from You tube is the best stereo i can find.Its from Detroit local TV station 1969 i guess.
I was told that Studio Stereo OH WELL doesn`t exist......
...so this you tube video (the first one from Les) has great audio stereo recording of legendary tune by magical PG.
On the other hand i thought Boston tapes cut is different than Detroit "studio" one??
yes, it's doubtful that there is the studio version in true stereo somewhere at all. but the audio of these 2 youtube clips is in fact from the boston tapes - you can easily tell by the one bum note peter played during the intro. also you've got to remember that there was no stereo sound on tv at that time.
this matter had been discussed before (on the "early years" forum, iirc), and one member (can't remember who it was) pointed out that the original broadcast of this clip in fact featured a different live-in-the-studio audio (in mono). but what you're hearing here is the synced-up boston version.
i think we all would crave for the studio "oh well" in stereo, wouldn't we - but . . .
martin