View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69
Thanks! Everything seems so logical now. What was I thinking all these years? And for that matter every single other person that has been directly affected by something like this. "Absurd abstract silly pictures" would be Stevie in a tu-tu jumping through rings of fire followed by a parade of poodles or say Stevie and Lindsey's head morphed onto sumo wrestslers. "Tourist of Death" for me is not an example of "absurd abstract silly pictures". And the photos of Stevie were not "lovely, and creative and brilliant" they were amateurish.
Mmmkay, I appreciate your sarcastic point. I appreciate your pain. All I ask is that you understand that no one, NO ONE - Is finding this funny due to the tragedy, but solely b/c of the visceral funniness of the pics. You know, Stevie interspersed with total destruction?
It's fine if you don't think it is funny. The important thing is that you do realize it may be funny to other people who also have extreme empathy for any hardships/disasters that people have had to endure. I'm sorry our gallows humor with Stevie placed in certain fictional positions of destruction make you mad - but what makes me mad is the misinterpretation of intentions, and the unwillingness to allow for the difference between humor and satire, and that which is really felt.

We've all told you we don't make light of 9-11 or any other tragedy - why are you trying to hold us hostage with "politically correct" actions rather than focusing on our real feelings, which are light years away from finding good in any terrorist act, or any expression of intolerance?! It's downright insulting! It's a slap in the face to any forward thinking ledgie, which includes most ledgies.
We are among the most humanitarian, forward thinking, tolerant people on earth - yet you try to condemn us because we laugh at some pics of STevie interspersed with disasters? We are trying to express some joy and levity, and we're obviosly some great, intelligent, advanced thinkers - but you try to split hairs with us on semantics, and meaningless crap?! It's a travesty! It is not seeing the forest for the trees at it's worst! Do you honestly think that we don't care about every single person that was effected by 9-11? Do you honestly think that any of us have to be reminded of any sorrow? Do you honestly think that any of us derive pleasure from the heinousness that has happened in the world?
If you do, you are woefully mistaken. Our laughter from the Stevie pics has nothing to do with laughing at tragedy. And the fact that you would'nt recognize that, and would imply that those of us who laughed had nefarious motivations that were far uglier, and less tolerant, and blind - than anything an actual cruel person could ever perpetrate - is abominable. We're not cruel people. We don't laugh at tragedy. We don't think it's cool. So please, PLEASE -Take what we say in context, don't try to pin historical responsibility on us just because you can't discern context. That isn't us, that is not how we are. And it pisses us off for you to imply, through faulty logic, that we are that way, that we feel anything less than full sympathy for any tragedy.
I mean, you're making me sick right now, with your shallow misinterpretation. Do you really think that any ledgie wishes ill on any other? Do you really think that any of us think nine eleven was something happy and fun to make jokes of?
Let us not be oversensitive to the point of fault, okay? Can we just assume enough mutual respect that we don't have to call people out for stupid meaningless **** that isn't even happening? That no one even feels?
Thank you! That would be awesome!
Or, you can continue to take umbrage for no, I repeat, no, reason. But that will make you an a-hole, I have to say. To take offense when no one meant offense, and agrees with you, is lamatoid. It's the worst kind of lamatoid arthritis. It is the hardening of the ideas, and the inability to recognize reality, and anything that is important. It's the inflexibility of the mind, the mind that is impervious to logic and new ideas. It's the mind who takes offense based on old paradigms which do not even exist anymore, and have not even been expressed. The mind that takes umbrage on that which they have imagined, rather than what is actually being thought/said, and the intention inherent.

Sad. Let's all catch up to the future, and use our brains to recognize context, shall we? Thus enabling us to pick our battles - of which this should not be one. It is laughable to imply that any ledgie meant ill will by interspersing Stevie's pic with those of well known disasters. It is an epic misinterpretation, a great faltering of brain power, a return to base emotions without logic, and a monument to self absorption without reason. I am insulted, to be honest. Insulted that someone didn't bother to think further than their own emotional reaction. Didn't bother to think about the real intention of the act. And I am dismayed to think that though the logic was readily at hand, some chose to assume a personal affront by anyone who had laughed at the pics, not bothering to think that one extra step ahead - the one where they realized that obviously no opinion expressed was calculated to offend, or even make light of any tragedy. That no laughter resulting from the pic was in any way calculated to make pain for them and their very personal experience with the information.
I mean, C'mon! Less get a grip!

So Nyeah.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 08-07-2006 at 11:36 PM..