View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

secret love,

Stevie might have said "Over my dead body" out loud but that doesn't mean part of her didn't wanted to be persuaded (and Lindsey would have to "prove to her" that it wouldn't be dark and miserable again). And I'm not the biggest expert on the topic but Lindsey's body language in the 5-member interview for the The Dance reunion (April 97?) kinda makes me think he was pretty sincerely interested. I'm sure it's covered in other threads though.

About the songs' sources: if Lindsey's songs come from solo projects, if Stevie's come from old demos, it doesn't really affect my appreciation of the album so long as the songs are well written, well produced, well performed, and hopefully hang together. Stevie writes in such a way that she can separate when she's writing specifically *for* Fleetwood Mac and when she's not. Christine never wrote that way, though, and maybe Lindsey's creative process can't strictly be fit into that model either.

For whatever reason I find the disparate decadence on Tusk more interesting than SYW, but as this goes to show, different strokes for different folks