Thread: Hey Baby
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
There are a bunch of Fleetwood Mac/Christine Perfect Band albums on Spotify and they are blowing my mind with how good they are. One of them is called
hey Baby and it’s mostly songs sung by Chris. One is a duet with Danny (down on the crown)

My question is, what are these? Is it Christine backed by a Fleetwood Mac. Is it her own band opening?

And the bigger question is why the hell didn’t Chris and Danny ever re record adown on the Crown on Future Games?

Sounds like you are referring to the Christine Perfect Band. She was backed by Top Topham, Richard Hayward, Martin Dunsford, Chris Harding and others for her Christine Perfect album. There was going to be a follow up album and they cut a handful of tracks but the album never materialised.

Also, I think you are referring to Down at the Crown. The Crown was the local pub near the Benifolds House. Why it never appeared on an album- I have no idea, especially as it could have been on Future Games and that album was so short. I assume it was written and recorded very soon after they moved from Kiln House to Benifolds as the BBC session was late 1970. Also, why didnt The Purple Dancer or Trinity find their way onto an album? There's a quarter of a brilliant album alone there.

Those Christine Perfect Band songs, as well as the BBC recordings (including Down at The Crown) are found on the compilation album Madison Blues.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with better knowledge than me though.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood