View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I have seen this one earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Jeremy,

I'm curious about the writing of the original songs on Precious Little. In the notes, you mentioned that the title track had been recently written, and the melody for Maria de Santiago had been written seven years earlier. Is there any other information you can share on how and/or when the songs on the album were written?

Do you currently write songs regularly?

P.S.
I attended the slide guitar workshop at the Chicago blues festival and the earlier Fitzgerald's show, and very much enjoyed both of them.
There was a lot to answer, Hitch! But I appreciate your interest. Did I meet you there?
Actually 'Maria' temporarily had lyrics before about a totally different subject, which I was not satisfied with, so to my mind it was definitive when it changed to be about the saint . The liner notes of Precious Little covered the writing of "Psychic Waste' and "Serene Serena" I believe. "Many Sparrows" I wrote in England in 2001 and 'Bitter lemon' I wrote just before doing the 'In Session' video/CD a couple of months prior to recording 'Precious'.
'Trouble and Woe' I wrote with a piano playing friend while doing the 2000 Indian concert.
I have a few songs in the works, I just have to get down to business and finish them! It's often a lyrical issue. If you are a praying man, please do so for my lyrical laziness!
Sincerely, Jeremy.