View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My $0.02...

I don't want to dump on the guy, because Brian was a cool kid to hang out with (in person), and he had the courage and initiative to go his own way... but I have to agree that none of this surprises me. What probably started off as something kinda fun and interesting seems to have snowballed into an all-encompassing serious obsession with him. There's no joking around anymore- He.must.control.the.Stevie.fan.universe. Some months ago he PM'd me (on the Ledge) with this angry, run-on diatribe in response to some lighthearted, indirect dig I made about "the other board," which was totally done in jest, and I could only feel sadness that this dark side of his personality was surfacing. He's a very sensitive guy, and I know that he had some family issues growing up, so I suspect he probably has some abandonment issues. It's just sad, really.

He's young, smart (if not a little eccentric) and hopefully will realize how this is all being perceived, even if it means he burns every bridge in the process. I would cut the kid some slack... he will come around eventually.