View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good camera on this video. Brings back sound memories that are pretty good, but the visual clues make me depressed. You can see just where the band’s strengths were in 1990. But it felt like such a long-drawn-out aftermath for the whole band. I got depressed that year because their work couldn’t help looking pretty vacuous after the peaks they had reached. You’re not supposed to experience your favorite band by getting depressed over the passage of time.

When I went to see them again in 1994, in a clubhouse by a boat dock out in the middle of Bumfeck, Nowhere, I fell into a funk again. It was an unreal final chapter. Fleetwood Mac’s a pretty strange band — if you collected all the years from 1967 on where they had a unified and fiery dedication to their art, I don’t think you’d have much more than five years.

Let’s see, on the video I like “Everywhere” and the opening number and “Go Your Own Way” and certainly some of the blues songs, which cover a lot of ground from rock and roll to slow blues. They’re all excellent technicians and obviously thoroughly rehearsed (maybe over-rehearsed, with some of the spontaneity leaked out).

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 11-20-2023 at 02:21 PM..