View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t even think it’s that. I think it’s unnerving to her that he’s the one person in her world who isn’t impressed by her success or accomplishments. He’s the only one who doesn’t treat her like a star.

As for the speculation about what role Tom’s death had on Lindsey getting canned, your guess is as good as mine. My guess is that it was minimal.

This time last year, I was thinking Lindsey was on a bit of an ego trip. “In My World” seemed especially about Stevie, he seemed dismissive towards Christine re: the making of TITN, he admitted he was only doing the Fleetwood Mac shows for the money, and put on sub-par (per reviews) shows. I thought he was in trouble before Tom’s death.

I honestly don’t think Stevie went into MusiCares with the intention of sacking Lindsey or bringing Mike in. Mike was the most obvious choice after everything went down.
Well, i went to the show in Houston that closed the Buckingham McVie tour, and it was anything but sub-par. You thought he was in trouble? Give me a break. In My World is a great track. Very cool subtle Lindsey-esque textures that make it groove.