View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
i get the FM interest/obsession.
but who wants to read garbage like this?
there are so many great new books out right now.
You are entitled to not read and discuss it and that's certainly a reasonable choice. Yet this is a Fleetwood Mac website and people discuss things about the band. Sometimes ad nauseum, I might add!

Lindsey has always been a genious in Fleetwood Mac and some want to understand him more. I personally have never quite understood what was behind "I'm So Afraid." I kept thinking WHY is he saying "I'm so afraid of the way I feel." What could be so fearful about feelings. And he wrote that song at such a young age. What could possibly frighten Lindsey about the way he feels? I just couldn't get it. If he is speaking about rage, anger management, maybe a bit of this book and that song make some sense. He has mentioned he's been in therapy.

I don't think it makes a person a "bad fan" to be interested in this book. He wrote the song, "I'm So Afraid." He put it out there. I don't think this book paints Lindsey as an evil person, but there is clearly a Lindsey shown that has anger issues. I think there are shades of Lindsey shown that maybe some don't want to know about. Lindsey speaks of "My Little Demon," "Go Insane . . . as I always do." etc. I think he's expressing something in his lyrics.

There's some humor in the book as well. There are some glimpses of Stevie that made me roar. But it's from this writer's point of view.

I think John McVie comes off as the most kind and probably most "together" member of the band (despite his personal battles with alcohol, which he has fought valiantly against). Haven't a few of us said that before?

Edit:
I left out the description of Christine. She seems like someone you'd really want to meet:
"Christine was a guys' girl, a good sport- think Katherine Hepburn's elegance and boyish charm, or Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby. She was earthy and tough, despite the pure voice and the poignant love songs she wrote. She was the band mother, as Stevie was the wayward band child." (introduction, page xi)

Last edited by Tango; 06-30-2007 at 03:53 PM..