View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Of course, what's ironic here is that McVie had floated recording (but not touring) with Fleetwood Mac many years ago. The band rejected that, feeling that they didn't want to go out on the road as a foursome supporting an album that had McVie songs/singing on it that then either couldn't be replicated on the road or would have had to be done by Buckingham or Nicks.

And yet here is Nicks doing the opposite, saying she'll tour with the band but not record with them. I'm still hopeful though that once she gets tired of her solo stuff and wants to do the band thing again, they can essentially tell her what they'd told McVie before (only in reverse): If you want to tour with us, you have to record with us.
I don't think the band will ever record anything again. This last tour next year will probably be the end of Fleetwood Mac. I would expect Stevie may do one more solo tour though. I think too much is being made of Christine's offer to record with the band many years ago. She had officially left the band. So her offering was not seriously considered. I don't see it anyway related to what Stevie is doing. Unlike Christine who left the band, Stevie is still part of the band. Stevie is doing something very unusual. Its usually a member does not want the bother of touring. Stevie has no problems touring but cant bring herself to face a certain bandmate face to face to record. Pretty silly if you ask me.