View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New York..

I think the most fascinating city in the world, and yes, I've been to London and Paris. :-)

Seriously, got in town around 3 p.m. (cold and rainy and had to go buy a light jacket), and headed down to the East Village just to wander. When you walk around New York City, you see all of humanity.. Amazing place.

Great great show! Much better than the terrific Baltimore show the night before - and many thanks to Stevie for that. She was dynamite tonight, folks. truly amazing.

I scored a sec. 4, row A seat yesterday morning and headed up to the Garden... when I got to my seat, no one was sitting in my row as they were all at the stage.. I just wandered over and found my space for the evening - that would change with movement, but I was on Stevie's side.. and liking it. Torri showed up and just blended in.. there was like no security... pretty much if you were on the floor you could have made it up to the stage at the start of the show.. Good vibe all around.. After the loud drunk guys at the Baltimore show.. i have to say most folks around me were great and getting into the band.. like a concert should be.. Great NYC audience..

Hats off to the blonde (who was being very playful with Brett throughout the show) who met Sandra Bernhard in the ladies room.. She came running back with her beer and her cell phone.. and sure enough, a picture of her and Sandra.. She was ecstatic.. and a good dancer.. And could see why Brett was playing back..

Gold Dust Woman, to me, has replaced “Rhiannon” as her signature song on stage (if she even has one). This song has blossomed into her “highlight” moment. The way the band, especially Lindsey, are playing it,, and the ending.. Regina got it right - before doing her Twyla Tharp dying swan-on-cocaine interpretative piece. She had me hypnotized.

And I love where she is with “Storms” now.. And how the crowd really listens.. This could be easily a distraction songs for folks, but all I could sense is everyone listening to Stevie sing this beauty.. Like storm clouds brewing..

The show began and ended way too soon, but worth the trip up to NY. Bought the overpriced tambourine (penguin version) and ran into Torri and the Cat after the show and talked a bit.

Torri and I found a sports bar around the corner and watched the last quarter and o/t of the Lakers-Magic game.. Sorry Orlando, it’s over. You ain’t winning 3 straight against these Lakers.. And you will have to go back to LA. You guys had that game and blew it..

We headed back to her hotel room and I started listening to the “boot”.. sounds good. As I left to go the train station it started down pouring, so I went into the nearest bar I could find to have a night cap - ordered my red wine, listened to the jukebox that was playing some classic rock, and watched this lady - who called herself “the black woman from L.A” hop on the bar and start doing some, um, interesting things.. hmmmm. Only in New York.. Finished my wine, ran in the rain to the station, and came back home…

What a time. Thanks New York. You never disappoint.