View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

This release does seem like it will be great. A very unexpected release as well.

My only complaint (and, I know, first world problems here...): why not a whole live show? The Mirage setlist was one of the best the band ever put together. I was really hoping that, like with the Tusk redux, that we would get an entire set from the tour. A live version of Brown Eyes would have been fantastic to add to the collection. And, other than the Live in Boston 2003 DVD, we do not have any official live release of Second Hand News...which is just strange, seeing as how it is so popular. I love the Mirage HBO concert but it was very Lindsey heavy. A few more tracks from Christine and Stevie would have been nice to add to the live set with this release.

Having said all that...the remastered album is what I am really looking forward to. Mirage has always been a beautiful album, but the incredibly bad mastering it received with the initial CD transfer really dulled the album's true artistic value. It will be nice to listen to the entire album, remastered, on my sound system.