View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
I think it's more that Stevie was always unihibited about showing her vulnerability (which every human has and tends to guard) and displaying it in her lyrics and performance. If I was forced to name one thing that most captivates me about Stevie, that would probably be it.
That is the thing, isn't it? She's at once strong and vulnerable. Which has always been a compelling combination to me, too.

With most artists, you usually get one or the other. They either exhibit little strength or little vulnerability.
To me, Stevie's always seemed tough-as-nails when she needs to be, and yet never afraid to be vulnerable and fragile at other times.

In other words, despite all the trappings of money and fame, she manages to come across in a very human way. And her ability to be more than just a one-sided rock icon, adds to her sex-appeal. At least in my opinion.