View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Abuse and assault is never okay and the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal clearly shows that assault and (sexual) violence against women paired with victim blaming and ignorance is still rampant. It's not that I feel that Lindsey is innocent, far from it!

But Stevie has not been in any kind or form dependent on him like - ever since 1974 and just couldn't stop messing with him, appearantly still can't. FM knew what they had in her right from the start, she was integral part of the band, gained massive starpower and holds it to this day. He treated her bad? Sure, he did. He had a massive ego problem that he turned out to her? Sure. He got into a physical fight with her? I wholeheartely believe that he did. She on the other hand had massive drug related physical and mental issues, saw herself as a victim, glorified that angle and loved her drama. Her ego grew to the size of Texas, she surrounded herself with say-yes-people and developed a strong aversion to criticism. She's also still negative towards him in interviews, her continuous nagging hanging over him like a cloud of accid. Him being an unpleasant, aggressive person has certainly cost him and his career. Stevie never got called out for her vindictive part in this mess - which seems kinda unfair to me.

And still, they allegedly part-time screwed until at least 1997 - not an indicator that they took their fights THAT serious. This are people who bring out the worst in each other but still can't get away. Did they ever get smarter about that? Appearantly not much. He somehow chilled out, she somehow got a grip on playing the victim, but not neccessary on the drama thing. But to this day, they both agree to play part of their history onstage, both seem unaware of how embarrassing that is. Just a stupid schtick that goes on and on. And that this act is what makes articles and books about their past possible.

John once threw an ax after Christine, do we hear about her being the victim? No - because they are clearly friends now and don't muddle the water with romantic overtones. Also, Christine does not play the victim and John has shown remorse. Their romantic relationship is history, just like Stevies and Lindseys, only they are wise enough to leave it that way.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I would only add that Stevie at least owned that she attacked him physically as well. She's quoted as saying she physically attacked him first. Doesn't make it right.. but, as you say. Folks want to ship them. These are really just Stevie fans that want (for whatever creepy and odd reason) them to still be together.

I wholeheartedly agree that if they had just been honest and played it out like John and Christine, the rest of this ignorant craze wouldn't be here and morphing into HUGE DRAMA.

This post is so well written and I have so much respect for your point of view.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-18-2017 at 03:58 PM..