View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I'm not so sure that Christine was ambivalent about contributing songs to SYW--I saw an interview for In the Meantime where I thought she came across as somewhat sad that she had been prohibited from contributing, and after all she had contributed songs to EVERY FM album since forever.
I agree. The fact that she came out with an album of material one year after SYW shows that she had songs she wanted to record. She ended up going the solo route with her nephew because "He was the only one I knew" (she joked in that same interview) and because FM didn't welcome her to contribute to the album. I'm not saying they made the wrong choice re: the future of the band as a full recording/touring entity, but Mick's comments, alongside the timing of ITM (and the freaking title!) shows she had material (fragments and melodies) ready to work out with Lindsey, should she be welcomed back. When asked about SYW she gave it backhanded complement: "It sounds like Buckingham Nicks" as opposed to a FM record. I read between the lines.

What's so sad is that SYW is the band's last real studio effort (I don't count the EP). They turned into the very heritage act Lindsey was trying to avoid.