View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm not so sure that Christine was ambivalent about contributing songs to SYW--I saw an interview for In the Meantime where I thought she came across as somewhat sad that she had been prohibited from contributing, and after all she had contributed songs to EVERY FM album since forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Stevie had said the main fear about Christine recording with them (and it was fear) was that one of her songs would become a radio hit that could not be supported by her absence on a tour.
I guess this is the highest of praises when you think about it.

Also I guess they were thinking about not just the on-stage part of the tour, but all the promotion that goes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But the sprawling, almost fractured nature of SYW is one of its assets in my book--one of the most meaty, substantial FM recordings ever. And Christine's ITM is-with the exception of OUT OF THE CRADLE--my favorite FM solo project to date.
Exactly.
Ideally though, for me, we could have had about three albums from them in the 2000s, with the tracks from SYW and ITM spread across them. Instead we just have the one, lumpy bumper album.

The problem is that every time FM puts out an album it has to be a big song and dance with all the hypey promotion and long touring. If their releases could have been more low key maybe we would have got more albums, each with its own vibe and story.
No wonder Lindsey preferred that they make one double album a decade instead of two or three albums with 11 tracks.