View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Almost six years to the day since I last posted here, but here goes...

I think this performance of 'Landslide' is the beginning of the choreography of public reconciliation. (I believe the private reconciliation has already happened, or is under way.)

In this choice of song, choice of accompanist, decision to record and release the video, I don't see 'we go high', in the sense of being a retaliation in an ongoing battle. I see a signal that a peace treaty is coming.

KB in particular has a little bit of a climbdown to do, having engaged her antagonists in public. That was COMPLETELY understandable and justified, btw. Don't come at me claiming I'm saying she was wrong. She. Was. Not.

But their rhetoric - hers and LB's - is now about love, and forgiveness. And I think they're sincere about that. So prepare yourself. LB might not go back to the band, but there is going to be a rapprochement of some kind.
I don’t know where you read forgiveness in KB’s posts. Love, yes, forgiveness, no. She mostly implied you just need to let it go and enjoy what you have. She just recently called them “awful people”, and she was being polite IMO.

Why would they ask for forgiveness if they’re still claiming that what they did was the right thing to do for the band’s survival?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.