View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
The acts that sell well will be placed earlier in the show. The ones that don't sell as well will be placed towards the end when there are fewer people watching, fewer people who regularly buy music. Unfortunately the aging stars, the ones who typically sell less today, the ones that have come to be respected will get the short end of the stick. It's a shame, but makes perfect sense economically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would have thought that since these awards shows traditionally present the biggest award last that viewership picks up at the end of the show.
Michele
The Grammys were shouting about it all week, that this was going to be "epic" and the performance that people would be talking about the next day. They were excited about it. While I understand your point, SpyNote, I have to agree with Michele, in that they wanted something/someone BIG to close it out...and they got just that. They teased us with it throughout the show, presumably to give viewers something to look fowrard to...a reason to stay tuned when many otherwise would not. But then they screwed it up, by worrying about an extra couple minutes in an already overtime show, for an event, notorious for going over time. They messed up. I'm glad Trent spoke his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I absolutely love Lindsey and Trent Reznor together. They are both quirky and I think they work well together. I loved seeing Lindsey rock out to Copy of A, and I though it was pretty cool seeing him up on stage with a bunch of alpha dogs (usually Lindsey's the only one on stage that's really aggressive) but I'm still ticked it ran long and they cut off the end.

So, I loved seeing Lindsey outside his element with a whole set of different (aggressive) musicians and I guess Lindsey liked it too or he would never have agreed to do it, but I was upset about song getting cut short and thought it was disrespectful to the musicians and their fans.
I agree with everything you said, Deeshere. I knew it would be good, but they surpassed my expectations, even. I said earlier, in response to Elle, I believe, that even though Copy of A wasn't the most rockin' song on the album (imo), that on stage, those guys would bring it to a whole other level...and they did! And it was totally disrespectful of CBS to cut away, and they, and the Grammys should have had that worked out in advance, since it's not like it was the first time an awards show ever ran over Why leave the fans with a bad taste for your brand, when you could have gone out on such a high note?