View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 01:21 PM

So Far, No Rock Acts Confirmed For Fleetwood Mac’s MusiCares Person of the Year Gala

The initial performers have been announced for the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year gala paying tribute to Fleetwood Mac -- and, interestingly, none are from the rock world.

Instead the Mac will be feted by pop stars John Legend, Lorde, Harry Styles, Haim and OneRepublic, as well as country crossover hero and former American Idol judge Keith Urban. More performers are expected to be announced for the show on January 26 at New York's Radio City Music Hall, with proceeds going to the MusiCares fund, which helps musicians and music industry staffers in need of assistance.

Fleetwood Mac is expected to tour and possibly release new music next year as well; Details are still vague, but the group's Lindsey Buckingham tells us that

"I think the earliest anyone expected to be back on the road with Fleetwood Mac might've been Spring of 2018. And now that's not actually being pushed back by Stevie (Nicks). My understanding is that she's all ready...and now, you know, because I've got this solo album, I'm the one who's holding it up. But, you know, that's typical for us. There's a lot of moving parts, so you know you gotta wait for everyone to be ready."

Listen Here: http://wror.com/2017/10/23/far-no-ro...son-year-gala/