View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Since Neil and Mike already performed Man of the World live once at Neil's LA concert 2 weeks ago, I'd say there's a good chance FM will perform it, too.

As for your thoughts on how Bob Welch would react, I also disagree. I think Bob would actually be happy that FM would perform his songs live again, introducing his songs to a whole new audience who may never have otherwise been exposed to him before. To perform a song or two by Welch would help keep his legacy continue, something I'd like to think Bob or his family would be happy about.
No way. I would be shocked. Bob sued the Mac for royalties over those songs exact songs. The Mac cut him off completely. I think Bob's wife would be upset. There is no way they would do one of Bob's songs and if they did they would deserve the flack they would get. The Mac would not even include Bob in the Behind the Music segment and he is not even mentioned as a transition. When they show the album Heroes are hard to find, Bob is cut off the album. Its almost like when Van Halen tried to erase Michael Anthony. They erased him from albums on their website. How could Bob's family be happy after all this they suddenly are profiting yet again off of Bob's songs when he is dead. Hypnotized would be amazing though.
Neil's concert was probably in a small club where he is feeling things out. Its a great song I think he could do well. But it wont work with an arena packed of casual fans. But who knows on that one. I was the first one to say they would play it. Then reality set in

Steve - yes Mick is overly nice about Bob in his latest book. Its really sad how he rationalizes. I think its way of saying I'm sorry or something.

On another note, I was thinking in the car today listening to the Mac channel. Oh Daddy is going to be impossible to play without Lindsey. His guitar playing is so original its not something that can be duplicated for the same effect of the song. Another thing I miss is Christine playing keyboards. I don't think she can do it anymore. I was listening to Rhiannon live 1976 and Don't Let Me Down Again and boy she is just playing mad keyboards on those songs. Its not impossible they pipe in some sound effects on some of these songs like the Buck/Vie tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-11-2018 at 04:28 PM..