View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I'm a fan of the band and the members, but not to the extent that I know the names of their family members or friends or entourage. Actually, maybe I should say I'm more a fan of their music rather than the members themselves. I've never really been into idolatry, especially for celebrities. Like a meet and greet for Mick- I wouldn't pay $600 to meet any of them, because, well, it's just not my thing. I couldn't say anything to them they hadn't already heard a million times ("I love your music") but that's fine if other people want to. I don't keep newspaper clippings, or photos, or record every appearance they make. I do buy the group albums and individual albums, but I don't keep them if I don't like them, which is why I got rid of Time, In the Meantime, 24 Karat Gold, and Gift of Screws.
Yes! This describes me too, though I have 24KG and In the Meantime. Though I buy from iTunes and have no records or CDs. No meet and greets, no clippings, no posters, no photos. I do like to watch interviews and live concerts and read biographies and I will buy one T-Shirt from each concert (I will only attend one show on a tour).