View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I have been a fan of the Mac since 1975 and a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I think for me, my feelings changed when Chris came back. I assumed a new album. John had gone thru a health scare and time is ticking for all of them. We've seen a lot of great artists pass in the last few years. Everyone in the group seems on page for a new album, all but Stevie. I was ready for the farewell tour and then Lindsey is out. Then it's not a Farewell tour. Not with Mike and Neil. I am still waiting for Lindsey to tell his side, but I think it's hard to put the blame on one person till we hear from Lindsey. But we have enough social media talk to see that it looks like Mick and Stevie didn't want to work it out with Lindsey, for whatever reason. And it seem like Lindsey wanted it to work out, but Mick and Stevie didn't seem to want too. It is all very odd. This group is exhausting.

I so agree with so much of what is said here--I've said this before, but I feel the need to say again, so I don't get slammed--I am a fan of FM--the Rumours 5. I wasn't around (or I was but really young) so didn't see the earlier stuff, but have really come to appreciate the iterations of this band before Stevie and Lindsey joined. We (collectively the fans...I don't mean to speak for everyone) were ready for a farewell tour, with the 5 Fireflies. I am in camp Lindsey right now, because of how everything appears to have been handled. Now, I think post OWTS both Lindsey and Mick may have said the 2018 tour wasn't necessarily "farewell" but perhaps John alluded to not being up for another post this tour? I may be wrong here...Stream of concise typing right now. It not that I can't get behind another "FM" formation. I have huge respect for Mike Campbell (I never really got in to Crowded House, but by all accounts, Neil Finn is clearly a talented musician) and will be forever be grateful I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers last summer. Who knew it would be the end.....which brings us back to this situation---I can't get behind this iteration because of the manner with which it happened. While we will likely never know what truly happened, we do know--all 5 had signed for the tour.....Christine and Lindsey said as much in their press for Buck/McVie, and honestly the body language of the band on the CBS interview (my mother always said if someone doesn't look you in the eye...they are lying to you) and Mick's encounter with TMZ are rather indicative that something went down here that isn't on the "up and up". It's unfortunate Mike and Neil are getting dragged into the drama of the most dysfunctional rock and roll family of all. As long as Mick, John, Christine, Stevie and Lindsey aren't pushing up daisies, I will forever hope they can right this and give all of us, (the band as well) a proper farewell. If this tour is really is---I am heartbroken