View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
It's just hard for me, personally, hung up on fairness and justice as I am, to stomach this hypocritical move. Impossible, even. So for me personally: they have made their beds and can lay in it. If I want to hear FM's good blues era I'll listen to the original musicians play it, and if I want to hear good blues, period, I can name 75 bands and musicians I'd go listen to before this bunch. It's the FM sound WITH LB I loved. So for me, without him, what's the use.
Dare I wade in? Perhaps briefly.

Lindsey will be fine. He's super wealthy, has a solo career, a family etc. I'm still not convinced they just wanted to get rid of him arbitrarily.

Despite being mainly a Buckingham-Nicks fan myself, I know there was more to them than that. I've often wondered why they didn't do more of their work from an earlier time. They should before too late. As Mick has said, there wouldn't have been a FM without Peter Green, who regularly makes lists of greatest guitar players of all time. That's a legacy that deserves to be remembered as part of this group's history.

I just wish them all the best. I wasn't going to see FM this time but with Neil on board I might.