View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t see how that how dismisses the idea that Stevie doesn’t want to work with Lindsey in the studio anymore. I thought it was pretty obvious that Stevie wasn’t really happy with Say You Will…But something clearly happened there that turned Stevie off with wanting to record with Lindsey again.
Yeah absolutely. I think since Stevie did the firing, it’s natural for most of us to instantly make her out as the villain and when in that mode we can often forget that Lindsey can be totally difficult. Not sure if any of you saw the post from their former makeup artist a few months back where she talks about finding his behavior and treatment towards staff to be so appalling during her years on the road with FM that it made her entirely disillusioned with the whole celebrity world and became part of the reason why she left the field entirely. And this wasn’t crazy coked out Rumours Lindsey, this was like 1997. If he can turn off a random young makeup artist intensely enough to make her leave her career behind, imagine how much he can grate on the nerves of SN who is an ex of his with an already hostile relationship with him.

And I think we all know Stevie’s very difficult and controlling herself, and not always the most reasonable or sane. So I don’t think there’s heroes or villains here, just two people who don’t mix at all anymore. Reminds me of Twisted when she refers to both of them as demons. I think deep down they both know that neither is innocent in whatever their issues are. But one has far more fame and power so of course she “wins” their long running little war (if running Fleetwood Mac can be considered a “win”, sounds like hell on earth to me though lol).

So no I wasn’t surprised in the slightest that they never made new music together after SYW or that the two eventually broke up professionally. I honestly think the most surprising part of their story is how long they managed to keep it going. It’s insane that we got 7 albums, 9(ish) tours, and plenty of one-off collaborations between these two people who have had such deep issues for a solid 45 years or so.

While it makes sense to me that she won’t work with Lindsey, I do wonder if she will ever do anything besides solo material ever again. Doesn’t seem like she wants to make music now unless it’s just her and her people, in her house, under her control, with nobody to have to compromise with. I kind of doubt she’ll do anything with FM now, even sans Lindsey.